Your Summer Vacation Jewelry Capsule
With summer vacations on the horizon, make your luggage allowance work harder with our packing tips and essential jewelry capsule.
Jetting off on vacation means careful jewelry packing, but leaving real life behind for a few weeks is also a chance for some sartorial liberty and maybe even a little destination dressing. How to reconcile the two, is a perennial fashion question. Luckily, the Aubade experts are here, with the key pieces you need in your vacation carry-on this summer, plus packing tips to ensure you and your jewelry arrive in one piece, together.
Wearing all your jewelry together while traveling to ensure it never leaves your sight might be one way to make sure your holiday capsule makes it to the beach intact, but with a little clever packing, you don’t need to weigh yourself down or compromise your airport look.
- Carry your jewelry in your hand luggage.
- Focus on versatile pieces that will take you from the beach to the restaurant and beyond.
- Invest in a jewelry roll or travel jewelry box. Otherwise, use a small box or pouch for earrings and rings, and slip bangles and necklaces over rolled-up towels or clothes.
- For fine chains, use the straw technique to prevent tangling: thread your chain through a drinking straw and fasten, before packing.
- Bring your whole collection; make a careful edit and remember your favorite and most valuable pieces are best left in the safe.
- Pack all your jewelry in a single piece of hold baggage; if it goes missing you could start your holiday without your jewels.
- Throw it all into a single travel pouch, unless you want a fast track to a big tangle.
- Wear your most eye-catching statement pieces at the airport; the bigger the bauble, the more likely it is to slow you down going through security.
Summer Vacation Jewelry in Six Pieces
As the focal point of your stack during the day, or alone as a statement piece in the evening, an impactful gold chain will never go out of style. The Knife Edge Flat Choker by Lizzie Mandler is accented with diamond pave, for summer simplicity that will turn heads.
Show off your new sandals, tanned ankles, and vacation pedi, with a feminine anklet. Jacquie Aiche’s Beaded Shaker Anklet pairs gold with turquoise and aquamarine, in the classic blue tones of summer.
The summer months are the ideal time to try out playful colors; opt for enamel and hardstone to accent your vacation wardrobe. Marie Lichtenberg’s Heart Mini Scapular Necklace combines colorful silk rathi cords, detailed hand enameling, and gemstones, for an eye-catching summer accessory.
You’re likely working with a pared-back vacation fashion capsule as well, so make your edit work harder with earrings that can dress up a day look for an evening.
The Bear Paw Heart Earrings by Venyx feature colored gemstones of all hues set in neutral yellow gold, designed to work with almost any color palette.
Nothing says summer like an arm stack of colorful bracelets. Carolina Bucci’s Forte Beads Kit is inspired by her own vacation memories, with enough beautiful hardstone beads to make your personalized bracelet and necklace set.
If you're going to wear one ring this summer, make it count. Add a pop of color with By Pariah's Stone Linings Ring, available in a variety of stones and colors to match any outfit.